- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy Kale Salad Recipe Video
|Kale leaves||4 Bunch (400 gm), chop|
|Onion sprouts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sweet peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heirloom tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), dice|
|Dulse||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
Calories 325 Calories from Fat 221
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.6%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 72.9 mg3%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 14.8 g59.1%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 6 g12.6%
Vitamin A 135.7% Vitamin C 127.8%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Roughly break small pieces of the kale leaves leaving the center portion.
2. Use the S blade of the food processor and fine chop the kale leaves.
3. In a large bowl mix fine chopped kale leaves, onion sprouts, sweet peas, dulse & scooped avocado.
4. Squeeze in the lemon juice.
5. Mix all the ingredients together ensure that the avocado is mashed well.
6. Add the diced tomatoes and mix well in the bowl.
7. Serve fresh as an appetizer.
Dulse leaves can be used as a substitute for salt since it has a salty taste.