- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kale 'N' Cheese Bake Recipe
|Cheddar cheese||5 Ounce, shredded|
|Part skim ricotta cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Basil leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||4 Teaspoon, grated|
Calories 442 Calories from Fat 215
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.6%
Saturated Fat 13.8 g69.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 175 mg
Sodium 553.7 mg23.1%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.5%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 32 g63.8%
Vitamin A 714.8% Vitamin C 453.8%
Calcium 88.6% Iron 27.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Rinse the kale thoroughly, drain then remove and discard the stems and chop the leaves.
3) In a 5 quart saucepan, bring the kale and water to a boil, then cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes until tender, drain well.
4) In a large bowl, mix the kale with rest of the ingredients except Parmesan cheese.
5) In a 2-quart casserole sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, spread the kale mixture, smoothen the surface and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for about 35 to 45 minutes, remove from the oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
7) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.