- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kale Salad With Avocado Dressing Recipe Video
|Lacinato kale||1 Bunch (100 gm), remove stems and finely chop leaves|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||1 Large, cubed|
|Red onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Broccoli||1 Small, chopped|
|For the dressing|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Celery stalk||2 Small, finely chopped|
Calories 507 Calories from Fat 358
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.5%
Saturated Fat 6 g29.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 857.6 mg35.7%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 17.5 g70.1%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 9 g18.9%
Vitamin A 189.7% Vitamin C 322.4%
Calcium 16.1% Iron 16.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For the salad: In a bowl, add and combine the kale leaves with salt. Coat the leaves well with the salt. Continue mixing for 3 minutes or until the kale leaves are wilted.
2. Add lemon juice and coat the leaves again for another 2 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, onion and cauliflower and mix until well combined.
4. For the dressing: In a blender, add avocado, olive oil and celery. Blend the mixture until smooth and creamy.
5. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix until well combined.
6. Serve the kale and avocado salad immediately.