- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kale And Pink Beans With Garlic Recipe
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Kale||4 Cup (64 tbs), chopped, thoroughly washed and drained|
|Instant vegetable broth||3⁄4 Ounce (Half Of 1.5 Ounce Packet)|
|Seasoning mix||1⁄2 Ounce (Half 1 Ounce Packet)|
|Pink beans||1⁄4 Pound, canned, rinsed and drained|
Calories 166 Calories from Fat 29
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.1%
Saturated Fat 0.49 g2.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 230.2 mg9.6%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.1%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 8 g16.6%
Vitamin A 206% Vitamin C 141.6%
Calcium 13.2% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a casserole which can be microwaved and add garlic and oil to it.
2) Cover the casserole, set the temperature to HIGH at 100% and allow it to be microwaved for a minute.
3) Stir the kale along with the vegetable broth mix and a tablespoon of water to the garlic.
4) Set to the microwave to HIGH again and microwave the contents for 21/2 minutes with the cover on.
5) Stir the beans in it, combining well.
6) Set to the microwave to HIGH and microwave the entire contents for 21/2 minutes.
7) Allow a standing time of 1 minute until the kale wilts and the beans are heated all through.
8) Serve as required.