- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kale and Brown Rice Recipe
|Cooked brown rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Eggs||4 Small, beaten|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Wheat germ||2 Tablespoon|
|Whole-grain bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1816 Calories from Fat 777
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 88 g136.1%
Saturated Fat 38.8 g194.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 795.2 mg
Sodium 1370.7 mg57.1%
Total Carbohydrates 177 g59.1%
Dietary Fiber 23.9 g95.5%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 91 g182.7%
Vitamin A 1489.4% Vitamin C 973.6%
Calcium 183% Iron 96%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Wash kale, remove leaves, and steam until almost tender.
3) Oil an ovenproof casserole.
1) Combine cooked rice, cheese, and eggs.
2) Add parsley and pepper.
3) In the casserole, arrange alternate layers of rice and kale, ending with rice.
4) Combine oil, wheat germ, and crumbs.
5) Top casserole with bread crumb mixture and bake 30 minutes.
6) Serve the baked rice as side dish.