- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kalbi Chicken with Mango Sauce Recipe Video
|Tamari/Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||9 , chopped finely|
|Mirin||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||1 Pinch|
Calories 634 Calories from Fat 173
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.9%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 199.5 mg
Sodium 4169.3 mg173.7%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 88 g175.2%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C 18.6%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 24.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place the chicken in plastic wrap and fold over. Then, using a meat mallot, pound gently on the chicken starting from the fleshy middle towards the outside.
2. Place the chicken breasts in a ziplock bag and add the tamari sauce, garlic and mirin. Squeeze out as much of the air out of the ziplock and toss well to coat the breasts properly. Marinate for 15 minutes to overnight, whichever suits you.
3. Heat the grill. Remove the chicken from the ziplock bags and pat dry.
4. Season the chicken breasts with olive oil, sea salt and pepper.
4. Place over the hot grill and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
4. Plate and serve along with a mango sauce, brown rice and Mediterranean salad.