- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kalbi Recipe Video
|Organic beef||3 Pound, cut into thin large strips (Korean style beef ribs used)|
|Pear/Asian pear||1 Medium, pureed (Ripe pear used)|
|Brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Cooked)|
|For the marinade|
|Lemon||1⁄2 Medium, juiced|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, juiced (Juiced from grated ginger)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, chopped|
|Sesame oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|For the rice dressing|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rice vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||1 Dash|
|Orange zest||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 2114 Calories from Fat 1064
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 119 g183.1%
Saturated Fat 41 g205.2%
Trans Fat 5.1 g
Cholesterol 421.9 mg
Sodium 9460.5 mg394.2%
Total Carbohydrates 115 g38.4%
Dietary Fiber 9.8 g39.4%
Sugars 21.3 g
Protein 151 g303%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C 40%
Calcium 21.2% Iron 106.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a food processor puree the pieces of pear and add lemon juice to it while pureeing.
2. In a bowl add the pureed pear, garlic, juice form grated ginger, onion, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, soy sauce and brown sugar. Whisk all the ingredients till combined well.
3. Pour the marinade over the beef strips so that its coated evenly. Put it in a container and refrigerate overnight or at least for an hour.
4. In a container add all the ingredients for the rice dressing except the black sesame seeds and shake the container closed, so that the ingredients mix well and set it aside.
5. Grill the ribs for about 3 minutes per side.
6. In a bowl serve the warm brown rice and pour the dressing over the rice and mix it so that its well distributed over the rice. Add black sesame seeds and mix.
7. Serve the warm kalbi out of the grill with rice and kimchi. Also serve a carrot slaw made with cilantro and lemon juice to add flavor to the dish.