- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kalamata Olive Sauce Recipe
|Kalamata olives||10 Ounce, rinse, drain and pit|
|Dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Shallots||2 Medium, minced|
|Dried oregano||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chili pepper||1 , seeded and minced|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Italian parsley||2 Tablespoon (Fresh Leaves)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1843 Calories from Fat 1772
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 194 g297.8%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g38.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2427.4 mg101.1%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 3 g6.3%
Vitamin A 66.2% Vitamin C 103.9%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 25.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a food processor, mince together shallots and garlic.
2) While the processor is still on add chilli pepper and mince.
3) Add parsley, thyme, oregano, and vinegar, pulsing to blend.
4) Slowly stream in olive oil through feed tube, blend until emulsified.
5) Serve cold as sauce. dip or spread.