- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kaki Fry Recipe Video
|Soft bread crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (about 1 inch deep, for frying)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Flour||4 Tablespoon (2 tablespoon for batter and 2 tablespoon for dusting)|
|Lemon wedges||1 Medium|
|Cabbage leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
|Parsley sprigs||1 Medium|
|Tartar sauce||4 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2388 Calories from Fat 2076
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 235 g361.1%
Saturated Fat 30.9 g154.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 205.3 mg
Sodium 1080.9 mg45%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.7%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 28 g57%
Vitamin A 16.1% Vitamin C 50.7%
Calcium 14.4% Iron 78.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl with salted water, quickly rinse the oysters to removed any dirty present, by rubbing between the flesh.
2. Place the oysters on paper towel to drain, and pat with other paper towel to dry.
3. Sprinkle salt and paper over the oysters.
4. In a bowl, combine together beaten egg and ½ of the flour, and whisk until smooth, add little water and whisk to get desired consistency.
5. In a plate, spread remaining flour and roll the oysters to coat well.
6. Tap to remove excess flour and place oysters in the batter.
7. Coat each oyster in breadcrumbs and set aside.
8. In pan heat oil to 360 F and fry breaded oyster for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown in color.
9. Drain the Kaki fry and place on cooling rack for 10 seconds.
10. Serve hot with shredded cabbage, lemon wedge and tartar sauce and garnish with parsley.