- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Traditional Kaju Katli Recipe Video
|Cashew powder||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Saffron stands||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Silver leaf||2 Gram (Optional)|
Calories 120 Calories from Fat 46
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.3%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.9 mg
Sodium 1.9 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.37 g1.5%
Sugars 13.6 g
Protein 2 g4%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 0.66%
Calcium 0.4% Iron 4.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a heavy bottomed pan, heat ghee on medium heat.
2. In a bowl mix the cashew powder and sugar very well.
3. Add the mixture into the melted ghee and stir on medium heat for about 2 minutes until the sugar is melted and absorbed into the cashews.
4. Make a well in the center, add water and saffron stands and mix well.
5. Keep stirring continuously on low to medium heat till all the water is evaporated.
6. Spread onto an ungreased plate evenly to 1/4 inch thickness and smoothen on the surface.
7. Decorate with chandi virk or silver leaf and serve.