- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kafta Bil Sanieh Recipe Video
|Ground beef/Lamb||1 Pound|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Roma tomatoes||4 , thinly sliced|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 825 Calories from Fat 276
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.2%
Saturated Fat 11.2 g55.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80 mg
Sodium 658.2 mg27.4%
Total Carbohydrates 111 g37.1%
Dietary Fiber 14.9 g59.7%
Sugars 18.3 g
Protein 35 g70.5%
Vitamin A 38.8% Vitamin C 201.5%
Calcium 8% Iron 32.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Slice potatoes to 1/4 inch thickness and drizzle with olive oil and bake on a baking sheet for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl mix ground meat, onion, salt and black pepper.
3. Spread meat into a 2 inch deep pan, bake meat for 15 minutes, after cooking time is up, top the meat with cooked sliced potatoes, sliced tomatoes, tomato sauce and water.
4. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt, black pepper and garlic powder and bake for another 20-25 minutes.
5. Serve with rice, yogurt and pita bread.