- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
KaduManga Achar - Tender Mango Pickle Recipe Video
|Raw mango||200 Gram, chopped finely (tender mangoes)|
|Green chillies||10 Medium|
|Red chilli powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Curry leaves||1⁄8 Bunch (12.5 gm)|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Coconut oil||100 Milliliter|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 580 Calories from Fat 454
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g81.1%
Saturated Fat 43.7 g218.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1054.8 mg43.9%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27%
Sugars 20.7 g
Protein 4 g8.5%
Vitamin A 83.4% Vitamin C 459.5%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 20.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot on medium low, heat oil, add mustard seeds, curry leaves, green chillies and stir well for 1 minute.
2. Stir in the red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt. Stir for about 2 minutes on low flame.
3. Pour in the water and continue cooking for another 3 - 4 minutes on medium to high heat.
4. Add the raw mango, mix well and continue cooking for another 12 -14 minutes or until all the water evaporates from the pot.
5. Serve this mango pickle alongside some steamed or boiled rice and appam.