- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Punjabi Kadi Pakodi Recipe Video
|Butter milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Gram flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Whole red chili||4|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Kalonji||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fenugreek seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Asafoetida powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red chili powder||1 Pinch|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Potato||1 , chopped|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Whole coriander||1 Tablespoon, crushed (Optional)|
|Green chili||1⁄2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Peanut oil||4 Cup (64 tbs) (for deep frying)|
Calories 340 Calories from Fat 184
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.3%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.6 mg
Sodium 258.8 mg10.8%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.3%
Sugars 9.2 g
Protein 12 g23.2%
Vitamin A 3.2% Vitamin C 36.3%
Calcium 20% Iron 14.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a mixing bowl, add buttermilk and all other ingredients of the pakoras(except oil), add the gram flour at last, mix well to get a smooth batter.
3. In a wok, heat the oil, just below smoking point, drop batter by a teaspoon, allow to fry until it turns golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel.
4. In a large bowl, pour butter milk, add gram flour, whisking continuously.
5. In a wok, heat ghee, add all other ingredients of tempering, cook for few seconds.
6. Pour in the butter milk - gram flour mixture, add salt and chili powder, allow to boil, simmer for few minutes.
6. Add pakodas and stir to mix.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with fulkas topped with ghee.