- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kadala Curry - Bengal Gram Curry Recipe Video
|Cooked bengal gram||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ginger garlic paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Green chillies||2 Medium|
|Curry leaves||1⁄8 Bunch (12.5 gm)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Pinch|
|Red chilli powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Meat masala powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 159 Calories from Fat 60
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.6%
Saturated Fat 0.88 g4.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.1 mg
Sodium 212.5 mg8.9%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.3%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 6 g11.2%
Vitamin A 9.3% Vitamin C 32.8%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 11.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan over medium heat, add the oil, onion and saute the onions for 4 minutes or until brown.
2. Add the ginger garlic paste, green chillies, curry leaves, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and meat masala powder. Stir well until all the masala smell fades away.
3. Add in the cooked bengal gram or kala channa. Mix well.
4. Add salt to taste, mix well. Then pour in the coconut milk and cook on low heat for another 2 -3 minutes.
5. Serve the bengal gram curry hot in a bowl alongside appam, puttu or steamed rice.
When cooking the bengal gram or kala channa, soak it in water for at least 9 hours before cooking it.