- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kadai Paneer - Indian Vegetarian Recipe Video
|Dry whole red chilies||3 Medium|
|Coriander seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ginger paste||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic paste||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red bell pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced legthwise|
|Green bell pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced legthwise|
|Yellow bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced legthwise|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Adjust to your taste)|
|Tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Degimirch/Red chili powder||1⁄2 Tablespoon (If using red chili powder, use 1 teaspoon)|
|Garam masala||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander and cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Fenugreek leaves/Dry methi||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely (Optional)|
|Paneer cubes||400 Gram|
|Fresh cilantro leaves||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
Calories 229 Calories from Fat 104
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.2%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10 mg3.3%
Sodium 639 mg26.6%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.5%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 15 g30.6%
Vitamin A 68.6% Vitamin C 212.6%
Calcium 13.7% Iron 10.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a pan with a couple of tablespoons of oil. When the oil Is warm enough, add the dry whole red chilies.
2. When the chilies change color slightly, add the coriander and cumin seeds. Lower the heat and stir for a few seconds.
3. Add turmeric powder, ginger and garlic paste. Stir for a couple of minutes.
4. Add the bell peppers and stir until slightly tender.
5. Add salt and the chopped tomatoes. Stir to mix all the vegetables well. Cover with a lid and let it cook till the tomatoes are completely cooked and tender.
6. Once the tomatoes are cooked and turn into pulp and a gravy is seen, add the degi lal mirch, garam masala, coriander and cumin powder, fresh fenugreek leaves (dry fenugreek leaves may also be used).
7. Add the fresh paneer cubes and stir gently to incorporate all the spices well. Cover and let it cook for a few minutes.
8. Finally garnish with some finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves before serving.
9. Serve warm with roti, paratha, kulcha or rice.