- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kabab Tabei (Kebab, Kabab Tabei with Rice) Persian Recipe Video
|Ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|White rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White onion||1 Small, grated|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Turmeric powder||To Taste|
|Persian spice mix||To Taste (Advieh)|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon, divided|
|Boiling water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
Calories 677 Calories from Fat 275
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.4%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g38.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40 mg13.3%
Sodium 176 mg7.3%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.8%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 17 g33.9%
Vitamin A 11.5% Vitamin C 20.1%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 14.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak the rice with 1 tablespoon salt for an hour.
2. Soak the zafran (saffron) in boiling water for 30 minutes.
3. In a big bowl mix the grated onion with the ground beef.
4. Season with salt, black pepper powder, Persian spice mix (Advieh) and turmeric (to taste) and mix thoroughly until well mixed.
5. FOR KABAB: Pour 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a frying pan.
6. Spread and flatten the beef mixture across the pan and place the pan on stove over medium heat.
7. Allow the beef to harden a little, divide the flattened beef in 2 inches rows using a silicone spatula.
8. Let the beef fry on one side and flip them over to fry the other side.
9. FOR RICE: Simmer the soaked rice in boiling water until tender. Drain the rice in a colander.
10. Transfer it to a pot, add 2 tablespoons oil to the pot, cover with a napkin and put the lid on, cook for 20 minutes.
11. Remove the napkin, pour in the saffron (zafran) mixture and cover with the lid, continue cooking for 10 more minutes.
12. Fry few tomatoes and peppers in a pan. Set aside.
13. In a serving plate, serve the beef kebabs along with rice and the fried vegetables.