- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Just Peachy Hand Pies Recipe Video
|Pie crusts||4 Large (9-inch)|
|Egg||1 Medium, beaten|
|For the filling|
|Corn starch||4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||75 Gram, divided (1/3 cup for filling and 1 tablespoon for sprinkle)|
|Peaches||2 Pound, pitted, peeled and diced|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 522 Calories from Fat 248
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.4%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g53.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.6 mg
Sodium 453.6 mg18.9%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g21.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 9.5 g
Protein 4 g8.1%
Vitamin A 4.5% Vitamin C 7%
Calcium 1.9% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needfork, pastry brush, pizza cutter
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. In a hot skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter, add in cornstach, sugar and peaches and stir to mix.
3. Lower the heat and add in cinnamon and salt, and allow to simmer for about 25 minutes stirring frequently until the mixture is thick.
4. Add in the lemon juice and stir to mix.
5. On a clean working table, lay the pie crust and using pizza cutter cut it into 4 quarters.
6. Place about 2 tablespoons of the filling in center of each quarter, fold the dough over, press the edges to seal and using fork press the dough edges.
7. On an ungreased cooking sheet, place the pies, make 1” slit on each pie and brush the top with egg wash.
8. Sprinkle reserved sugar on top of each pie.
9. Bake the pies in oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden on top, and rotate the pan after half way through.
10. Remove the pies form oven, place on wire rack and allow to cool completely.
11. Serve as desired.
You can use any other fruit of your choice
These pies are great for parties, picnics or for lunch box.