- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jumbo Oatmeal Chip Cookies Recipe
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Hot water||1 Tablespoon|
|Oats||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 553 Calories from Fat 268
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.5%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.5%
Trans Fat 2.2 g
Cholesterol 35.2 mg11.7%
Sodium 326.5 mg13.6%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.3%
Sugars 30.8 g
Protein 8 g16.6%
Vitamin A 0.9% Vitamin C 0.2%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 12.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium bowl, beat shortening and sugars until creamy.
3. Stir in eggs and vanilla.
4. Add remaining ingredients; mix until well blended.
5. Fill 1/3rd of a cup with dough and turn over a greased cookie sheet; leave space of at least 6 inches between each cookie and about 2 1/2 inches from the edge of the pan.
6. Bake in preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes until lightly browned.
7. Remove from oven and cool in cookie sheet for 5 minutes and then shift to cooling rack for cooling down completely.
8. Serve Jumbo Oatmeal Chip Cookies as snack or convert into a dessert with whipped cream.