- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jumbo Fluke with Pea Puree Sauce and Veggies Recipe Video
|Flounder fillet||3 1⁄2 Pound|
|Wild spring onion/Scallion||2 Tablespoon, cut roughly|
|Baby fennel leaves||2 Tablespoon, cut roughly|
|Fava beans||2 Tablespoon, cut roughly|
|Spring peas||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (2 cups for puree)|
|Tomatoes||2 Tablespoon, diced|
|Chicken stock||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic cube||1 (Dorot brand, equivalent to 1 minced garlic)|
|Shallot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced thinly|
|Chanterelle mushroom||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), halved and diced|
|Shitake mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), halved and diced|
|Rampe leaves||2 Tablespoon, chopped roughly|
|Minced basil cube||1 (Dorot brand, equivalent to 1 teaspoon minced basil)|
|Truffle oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Thyme leaves||2 Medium|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 1421 Calories from Fat 564
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g96.2%
Saturated Fat 23.2 g115.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 448.7 mg
Sodium 3487.7 mg145.3%
Total Carbohydrates 104 g34.6%
Dietary Fiber 17.9 g71.5%
Sugars 30.6 g
Protein 114 g228.3%
Vitamin A 53.5% Vitamin C 130.2%
Calcium 35.8% Iron 45.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan heat oil and saute baby fennel bulbs, fava beans, spring peas, tomatoes chopped, salt and pepper.
2. Add 1 Dorot garlic cube and continue to cook.
3. In another pan, saute thin shallot slices and chanterelle mushroom pieces for a while.
4. Add herbed butter (with parsley and chives) and stock and cook.
5. Stir in shitake mushrooms, rampe leaves and 1 cube minced basil and cook.
6. Season the filets with salt and pepper and dust with flour.
7. In a pan heat 4 tablespoons oil and brown the fish filets until lightly golden brown.
8. Squeeze over lemon and add thyme.
9. To make peas puree, boil peas in water until done, drain completely, blend in a blender and season with truffle oil and curry powder.
10. On a serving plate make a bed of sauted vegetables, top with a fish filet and then top with sauted mushrooms.
11. Spoon over seasoned pea puree and extra virgin olive oil and serve.