- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Julia's Broccoli And Cauliflower With Cheese Recipe
|Raw broccoli and cauliflower||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 175 Calories from Fat 101
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.5%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34.7 mg
Sodium 322.8 mg13.4%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 8 g15.5%
Vitamin A 38% Vitamin C 98%
Calcium 21.8% Iron 1.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, cook the broccoli and cauliflower in water. Cook till the vegetables are just crispy tender and keep them aside.
2) To prepare the white sauce, in a separate pan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the flour and salt and blend well.
3) All at once, add the milk and cook briskly, constantly stirring, till the mixture is thick and bubbly. Add the cheese and stir till it has melted and the mixture is all smooth.
4) In a slow cooker, combine together the sauce and vegetables. Mix properly.
5) Cook over low heat for 1 ½ hours.
6) Serve hot.