- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Meatloaf Stacks Recipe Video
|Ground chuck||1 Pound, uncooked (about 20% fat)|
|Pork sausage||1⁄2 Pound (any flavor)|
|Oats||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (instant oats, which is probably better than old fashioned oats for this dish)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tomato juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ketchup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||1 , well beaten|
|Melted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for basting meatloaf)|
|Cooked potatoes||150 Gram (Beefy Whipped Potatoes)|
|Gravy||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Beef Broth Gravy)|
Calories 430 Calories from Fat 276
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.5%
Saturated Fat 14.7 g73.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 124 mg41.3%
Sodium 749.7 mg31.2%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.5%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 18 g36%
Vitamin A 11.5% Vitamin C 13%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 16.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a rimmed baking pan with foil.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine ground chuck, sausage, oats, chopped onion, pepper, salt, tomato juice, ketchup, and egg. Using an electric mixer, mix well to obtain a smooth texture.
4. On a foil lined rimmed baking pan, transfer the mixture and give it a log shape. Use some butter to give it a proper shape.
5. Pop the pan in a 350 degree F oven and bake for 1 hour, basting at the beginning and at 20 minute intervals.
6. Remove from the oven and transfer it to a clean cutting board. Cover it loosely with foil and let it rest for 10 minutes.
7. Slice it into ½-inch slices and stack it on a serving plate using beefy whipped potatoes as shown in the video.
8. Serve immediately with beef broth gravy on top.
This recipe can be made in stages, refrigerating each part, until you are ready to assemble your Meatloaf Stacks. Just microwave the amounts you need for the number of stacks you are making and put them together.