- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
J's Pancit Bihon Guisado Recipe - Easy Filipino Cooking Recipe Video
|Rice stick noodles||8 Ounce (Bihon)|
|Onion||125 Gram, sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), sliced|
|Sauce mix||2 Tablespoon (Packet along with the chicken)|
|Fresh snow pea/Green bean||75 Gram|
|Shredded carrot||125 Gram|
|Shredded cabbage||200 Gram|
|Cooked chicken||250 Gram (Chinese steamed chicken used)|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste (For the seasoning)|
|Chicken stock||750 Milliliter|
|Soy sauce||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Cooked shrimps||150 Gram (or any leftover seafood)|
|Lime wedges||4 Medium (Two per serving)|
Calories 596 Calories from Fat 172
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.5%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 56.1 mg
Sodium 1201.7 mg50.1%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g24.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18.2%
Sugars 9.2 g
Protein 29 g58.1%
Vitamin A 111.8% Vitamin C 61.6%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 12.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedTo soak the rice stick noodles:
1. Cold water - 4 cups
1. In a bowl, soak the bihon noodles in cold water for about 10 minutes. Strain and set aside.
2. In a large pot on medium heat, heat up a couple tablespoons of oil and add the onions and garlic. Gently saute until the onions are translucent. Add the packet of sauce.
3. Add in the shredded cabbage, carrot, snow peas and cooked chicken. Cook and stir on medium high for about 5 minutes.
4. Sesaon with salt and pepper to taste and put all the ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
5. Using the same pot, add the chicken stock and soy sauce. Turn the heat up to high and then add the bihon noodles. Let the noodles boil on high heat until the liquid is almost evaporated. Add all the ingredients from the bowl and mix to combine.
6. Add the seafood at this point.
7. Serve it warm with calamansi or lime wedges and fish sauce (patis).