- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jowar Methi Pudla or Dhebra - Milo or Sorghum Pancakes - Gluten Free Recipe Video
|Dry ingredients for the batter|
|Jowar flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (White millet flour)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Pinch|
|Coriander and cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chick pea flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Wet ingredients for the batter|
|Green chili||1 Medium, chopped finely|
|Ginger||1 Small, grated (1-inch piece)|
|Yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As needed to make the batter)|
|Herbs and vegetables|
|Fenugreek leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely (1/2 - 1 cup - Fresh or frozen)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|To drizzle while frying|
|Oil||2 Teaspoon (Use as needed)|
Calories 290 Calories from Fat 114
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.7%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.7 mg1.2%
Sodium 120.3 mg5%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.3%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 8 g16.9%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C 23.9%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a mixing bowl, add jowar flour, a pinch of turmeric powder, coriander and cumin powder, salt and chickpea flour. Mix well.
2. Add the finely chopped green chili, ginger, yogurt and oil. Mix the ingredients well.
3. Slowly add the water and mix to form a lump free smooth batter in an easy-to-pour consistency.
4. Cover and keep it aside for at least 20 to 30 minutes or even more. (The dhebras may be prepared immediately if desired).
5. Heat a non-stick pan on a medium-low heat, and ladle portions of the batter on to it.
6. Fry the pancakes, flipping sides when the edges turn golden brown. Drizzle a little bit of oil around the edges while frying.
7. Serve with jaggery or ghee.
Add your favorite herbs or shredded vegetables to the batter to make the dhebras (pancakes).