- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jon Ham and Melissa Henig Create Raw Cookies Recipe Video
|Brazil nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), pitted and soaked|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Lucuma powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Maca powder||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 239 Calories from Fat 146
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.8%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 53.4 mg2.2%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 5 g10.8%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.36%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a food processor, add the brazil nuts and the pitted, soaked dates. Be sure to take off the tip of the dates before adding them.
2. Next, add in the vanilla, sea salt, almonds, maca powder and lucuma powder and pulse the mix.
3. Blend the mix well together after pulsing 2-3 times.
4. Open the processor and mix the ingredients together with a spoon and then let it run for a few more minutes.
5. Remove the batter and shape into cookies with your hands.
6. Decorate the cookies with cacao beans and serve as a snack.
TIPS: You can put the cookies in the freezer to harden them if you wish.