- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jolly Time Rocky Road Peanut Butter Popcorn Bars Recipe
|Popcorn||3 Quart (Popped Jolly Time)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Peanut butter chips||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peanut butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Chunky / Creamy)|
|Miniature marshmallows||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Peanuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Semi sweet chocolate chips||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable shortening||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 1178 Calories from Fat 183
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.2%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 2.7 mg
Sodium 104.2 mg4.3%
Total Carbohydrates 226 g75.3%
Dietary Fiber 36.9 g147.7%
Sugars 19.9 g
Protein 33 g66.2%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C 0.29%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 38.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In saucepan, add corn syrup and butter and boil over medium heat for 3 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter chips and peanut butter until smooth.
3. In a bowl put the popcorn and raisins and pour the peanut butter mixture on top tossing gently to coat.
4. Turn it over on a buttered 9 inch square baking pan and press it with a spatula.
5. Sprinkle with marshmallows and peanuts and press lightly.
6. In another saucepan melt chocolate chips and shortening over very low heat and drizzle on top.
7. Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
8. To serve, cut it into even sized pieces with a serrated knife or break it and munch on, tastes equally good.