- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jolly Jelly Cake Recipe
|Strawberry gelatin||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Cake flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3031 Calories from Fat 1020
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 115 g176.8%
Saturated Fat 30.3 g151.6%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 228.4 mg
Sodium 3145.2 mg131%
Total Carbohydrates 480 g160.1%
Dietary Fiber 11.6 g46.5%
Sugars 387.1 g
Protein 36 g71.9%
Vitamin A 8.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 122% Iron 13.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Measure flour, baking powder and salt into sifter.
3. Beat, shortening with sugar until fluffy in large bowl of electric mixer at high; speed; beat in egg and vanilla.
4. Sift in dry ingredients, alternately with milk, blending well after each addition; pour into a greased 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 45 minutes, or until center springs back when lightly touched with fingertip; cool on wire rack 15 minutes; loosen around edges and turn out; cool.
6. Split cake, crosswise, into 2 layers; place bottom layer on cake plate; unmold gelatin on small cookie sheet rinsed with cold water, slide onto cake layer; top with second layer; sprinkle with 10 X sugar. Decorate as you wish.