- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Join Our Felafel Partayy!! Secets To Making The Best Felafel Ever Recipe Video
|Garbanzo bean||1 Cup (16 tbs), soaked|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|White onion||1 Small, cut into chunks|
|Parsley||1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped|
|Coriander seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Cumin||1 Teaspoon, ground (to taste)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Red pepper/Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon (to taste) (Optional)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon, divided (1/2 tsp for soaking the garbanzo beans + 1/2 tsp to add to the batter)|
|Sunflower oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying or more)|
Calories 129 Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.4%
Saturated Fat 0.76 g3.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 227.3 mg9.5%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.2%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 5 g9.3%
Vitamin A 17.3% Vitamin C 26.5%
Calcium 9% Iron 13.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak the garbanzo beans in water overnight with baking powder. Drain. Set aside.
2. In a food processor add the soaked garbanzo beans, garlic, onion, parsley, coriander, cumin, salt, pepper and red pepper . Blend them till fine and till they begin to stick and hold shape.
3. Transfer them into a large bowl. Taste the dough and adjust the seasoning if required.
4. Add baking powder and baking soda and sesame seeds (if using), mix well till incorporated.
5. In a deep frying pan, heat sunflower oil.
6. Using a falafel maker or clean hands make small patties and carefully put them in the hot oil.
7. Fry them on both the sides till they turn brown.
8. Transfer them onto paper towel to drain off excess oil.
9. In a serving plate, serve them hot with hummus for dip or in pita pockets as sandwich.
Always add the baking powder and baking soda just before making the falafel. Do not add them before if planning to store the dough to use later.
Make a small hole in the center of the patty before putting in hot oil to cook the insides well.