- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
John Stage's Jalapeena Bar B Q Sauce Recipe
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 , minced|
|Jalapeno peppers||3 , seeded, minced|
|Garlic||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs), minced|
|Olive oil||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Beer||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mustard||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Louisiana hot sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon, coarsely ground|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 960 Calories from Fat 402
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g71.5%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 4021.5 mg167.6%
Total Carbohydrates 104 g34.7%
Dietary Fiber 14.5 g58.2%
Sugars 41.5 g
Protein 20 g39.4%
Vitamin A 390.4% Vitamin C 199.8%
Calcium 47% Iron 58%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Saute the onion, jalapeno, bell pepper and garlic in oil in a large saucepan till the ingredients are tender.
2) Add the water and beer and bring the mixture to a boil.
3) Reduce the heat and add all the remaining ingredients.
4) Gently simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 60 minutes.
5) Serve or use as preferred.