- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Food: Jjol-myeon (쫄면) Recipe Video
|Jjol-myeon noodles||12 Ounce (2 packets)|
|Bean sprouts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cucumber||1⁄3 Large, julienned|
|Carrot||1⁄2 Large, julienned|
|Cabbage||1⁄4 Large, sliced thin|
|Egg||1 Medium, hard boiled|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs) (Water for boiling the Egg, Bean sprouts, Noodles)|
|Red pepper paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Vinegar||2 Tablespoon (Brown Rice Vinegar or Apple Vinegar)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper powder||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Minced garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 643 Calories from Fat 182
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.4%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g31.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 93.1 mg
Sodium 2091.9 mg87.2%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.8%
Dietary Fiber 15.7 g62.7%
Sugars 32.3 g
Protein 19 g39%
Vitamin A 71.8% Vitamin C 94.2%
Calcium 10.9% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan or a vessel with boiling water hard boil 1 egg and set aside.
2. Chop all the vegetables as instructed and set aside.
3. Take a sauce pan and add in beans sprouts and pour water just enough to cover the sprouts. Cover and cook the bean sprouts on high heat for 10 minutes. Once boiled, drain and rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process.
2. Take a saucepan with water and bring it to a boil. Add the chewy noodles and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Once cooked, drain the water and rinse it in cold water twice.
3. In a small bowl combine all the ingredients for the sauce.
4. On a plate and place the noodles in the center by forming spiral balls with your hands as instructed. Then put a little portion of the cabbage, bean sprouts, carrots and cucumber on it.
5. Pour a couple of spoons of sauce over the noodle and vegetable mix. Add half of the hard boiled egg on the top.
6. Serve the dish warm.