- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Food Jjamppong Spicy Seafood Noodle Soup Recipe Video
|Noodles||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs) (for broth)|
|Anchovy||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), dried (for broth)|
|Kelp||2 Ounce (2 pieces, for broth)|
|Mushroom||1 Cup (16 tbs) (mushrooms of your choice,for broth)|
|Fish sauce||2 Tablespoon (for broth)|
|Onion||1 Large (for soup)|
|Garlic clove||8 Medium (for soup)|
|Ginger||2 Teaspoon, minced (for soup)|
|Bacon slices||5 Ounce, chopped (for soup)|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for soup)|
|Sesame oil/Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Carrot||1 Large, slice (for soup)|
|Jalapeno||2 Medium, sliced (optional, for soup)|
|Fresh spinach/Cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs) (or leek, for soup)|
|Shrimp||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for soup)|
|Mussels||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for soup)|
|Squid||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for soup)|
|Green onion||5 Medium, cut in 1/2" pieces (for soup)|
Calories 155 Calories from Fat 40
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.2%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 43.4 mg
Sodium 327.2 mg13.6%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.5%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 9 g17.1%
Vitamin A 37.5% Vitamin C 18.9%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small bowl, mix together pepper flakes and sesame oil, set aside.
2. In a pot with 5 cups of water, place the anchovies and kelp in a wire mesh strainer.
3. Add in mushrooms and fish sauce and bring it to a boil for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. After 20 minutes, remove the wire mesh strainer.
5. In a pan, saute bacon, onion, ginger, salt and pepper, and stir well to mix.
6. Add in the carrots, jalapeno peppers and pepper flake mixture, stir well.
7. Add in the spinach, and stir gently until the spinach wilts down.
8. Pour in the broth and season with salt and pepper.
9. Add in mussels, shrimp and squid, put the lid on and bring to boil.
10. Add in the green onions stir lightly.
11. In a soup bowl place the noodle, ladle the soup on top and serve hot.