- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Food: Black Bean Paste Noodles (Jja-jang Bap, 짜장밥) Recipe Video
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Potato||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Zucchini||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Chopped cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Beef/Pork||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Cooking wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Black bean paste||4 Tablespoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 638 Calories from Fat 210
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.5%
Saturated Fat 7.1 g35.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 84 mg28%
Sodium 1807.7 mg75.3%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.2%
Sugars 27.8 g
Protein 35 g69.3%
Vitamin A 7.9% Vitamin C 107.9%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 22.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. On a cutting board chop the beef into 1 inch thin strips and cop the potatoes, zucchini, carrots and onions as advised and set aside.
2. In a large bowl gather the meat, cooking wine, salt, pepper. Combine well and set aside.
2. To make the sauce, take a pan add oil. When warm add the black bean paste ( called "Choon-jang" in Korean) and fry till the paste becomes smooth and soft.
3. Add sugar (it helps remove the bitter taste of the black bean paste)
4. In a separate pan, fry the meat till it is cooked well.
5. In a third pan heat oil and fry the potatoes till half cooked. Then add in the onions and cabbage and fry till they are half cooked. Add the zucchini and fry.
6. When all the vegetables are cooked add the cooked meat pieces and the fried black bean paste and mix well.
7. In 2 cups of water add the corn starch and stir. Pour this corn starch mixture into the pan with the meat and vegetables. Boil till a thick consistency is reached.
8. Serve warm with rice or noodles