- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Raw Jicama "Rice" & Orange Spice Recipe Video
|Jicama root||2 Large|
|Juicy oranges||6 Medium, peeled|
|Cilantro||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Green bell pepper/Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Medium, quartered|
|Red onion||1⁄4 Medium|
|Raw cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Lacinato kale||1 Bunch (100 gm), chiffonade|
|Green onions/Garlic chives||1⁄4 Bunch (25 gm), chopped finely|
|Basil leaves||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 213 Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.8%
Saturated Fat 0.14 g0.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 27.6 mg1.2%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.5%
Dietary Fiber 11.9 g47.6%
Sugars 28.7 g
Protein 5 g10.3%
Vitamin A 134.9% Vitamin C 324.4%
Calcium 22.5% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Thinly slice or chiffonade the kale or just shred and place into bowl.
2. Separately, peel the jicama as shown in the video.
3. Chop the jicama into chunks that will fit into your food processor.
4. Use the shredding blade of your food processor to create the jicama wild rice.
5. After you make your "rice," place the rice on top of the bed of chiffonade kale.
6. Then, clean out your food processor so that you can use it again for the orange spice dressing.
7. Place the oranges, cilantro, green bell peppers, lemon juice, raw red cayenne pepper, red onion in the processor and blend until it reaches a gazpacho consistency.
8. Place the kale in the bowl, place the wild rice on the kale and pour the orange spice dressing over your rice.
9. Sprinkle with lemon, cayenne pepper, and basil.
10. Serve and enjoy decorated with cherry tomatoes.