- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gefilte Fish - Passover Recipe Recipe Video
|For the broth|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Liter (1 - 1.5 Liters used)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (One handful used)|
|Carrots/Baby carrots - 1 cup||2 Large|
|For the gefilte fish|
|Matzo meal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||1 Medium|
|White fish fillets||2 Pound|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|White pepper||To Taste|
Calories 246 Calories from Fat 87
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.2%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 144.8 mg
Sodium 234.6 mg9.8%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 24 g48%
Vitamin A 64.9% Vitamin C 9.4%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 3.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Food processor
1. In a deep skillet, take about an inch or 1 1/2 inch deep water.
2. Add the onion peel, parsley and carrots. Season with salt.
3. Bring it to a boil. Then, lower the heat and let simmer for about 5 - 7 minutes.
4. In a food processor, powder the matzo meal and set aside in a bowl.
5. Add the onion (cut into pieces) and garlic cloves. Blitz to a fine paste and add to the bowl with the powdered matzo meal.
6. Next, add the fish and process that to a paste as well. Remove to the bowl with the other ingredients.
7. Into this bowl, add the eggs, vegetable oil, sugar, salt and white pepper. Mix everything to combine well.
8. Take out parsley and onion peel from simmering broth in the skillet.
9. With moist hands form balls using the prepared batter and gently place them in the simmering water (broth).
10. Let simmer over medium-low for about 20 minutes.
11. Serve warm or cold with slices of carrots on top and some horseradish on the side.