- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jewish Cholent Recipe
|Lima beans/Navy beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coarse barley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Short ribs/Plate / beef brisket||2 Pound|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3972 Calories from Fat 2984
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 331 g509.2%
Saturated Fat 143.5 g717.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 689.4 mg
Sodium 6289.7 mg262.1%
Total Carbohydrates 92 g30.8%
Dietary Fiber 19.7 g78.7%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 149 g298.4%
Vitamin A 6.8% Vitamin C 61.6%
Calcium 16.2% Iron 116.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak beans in water overnight in water or for a maximum of 6 hours.
2. Add remaining ingredients.
3. Place the dish on heat, and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
5. Remove meat and cut into serving-sized pieces.
6. Place in a large Dutch oven or casserole with bean mixture.
7. Cover tightly and set in a very cool oven (temperature should not exceed 250°) until noon.
8. Serve Jewish Cholent in soup bowls.