- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jeweled Honeydew Mold Recipe
|Strawberry gelatin||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Lemon flavor gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Hot water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cold water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Honeydew melon||1⁄2 Medium|
|Sliced hulled strawberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon sherbet||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened slightly|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1884 Calories from Fat 419
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.3%
Saturated Fat 28.9 g144.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 173.2 mg
Sodium 1801.5 mg75.1%
Total Carbohydrates 357 g119.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35%
Sugars 334.3 g
Protein 24 g48.6%
Vitamin A 44.3% Vitamin C 271.2%
Calcium 16.8% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Scoop seeds from honeydew melon; slice half of it into 8 thin wedges; pare each, then trim off inside of each slice, leaving a band about 1/4-inch thick. Dice the trimmings and set aside with remaining melon for Steps 4 and 5.
3. Place the 8 melon slices, spoke-fashion, in softly set gelatin in bowl so slices meet in center; carefully spoon in another 1/2 cup gelatin mixture; chill until sticky-firm.
4. While mold chills, chill remaining gelatin mixture in refrigerator for 30 minutes or until as thick as unbeaten egg white; fold in diced honeydew from Step 2 and strawberries; carefully spoon into mold. Trim off top edge of any melon pieces showing above the gelatin level so salad will lie flat when turned out. Remove from pan of ice and water. Chill in refrigerator several hours, or until firm. (Overnight is better.)
5. Cut balls from remaining melon with a melon-ball cutter or 1/2 teaspoon of a measuring-spoon set.
6. When ready to serve, run a sharp-tip, thin-blade knife carefully around top of bowl, then dip bowl quickly in and out of a pan of hot water. Cover with a serving plate; invert; carefully lift off bowl. Garnish with melon balls.
7. Beat cream with vanilla until stiff in a small bowl; fold in softened sherbet.