- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jerusalem Artichoke Saute Recipe
|Jerusalem artichokes||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced (1/2-Inch-Thick Slices)|
|White distilled vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|White distilled vinegar||3 1⁄2 Teaspoon, combined with 2 cups water (1 Tablespoon Plus 1/2 Teaspoons)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ham||2 Ounce, boiled|
|Reduced calorie tub margarine||1 1⁄3 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Ham||2 Ounce, boiled and diced|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
Calories 82 Calories from Fat 14
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.5%
Saturated Fat 0.35 g1.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9.8 mg
Sodium 12.5 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.8%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 5 g9.8%
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 7%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a medium mixing bowl, mix the artichokes and vinegar-water mixture together, keep aside.
2) In a 10-inch non-stick skillet, saute the ham and onion in the margarine over a medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes, until the onion is softened.
3) Drain the artichokes, discard liquid and rinse under running cold water then pat dry with paper towels.
4) Stir the artichokes and mushrooms into the skillet, stir occasionally and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until the artichokes are just tender.
5) Sprinkle with paprika and serve immediately on individual serving plates.