- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jerked Rib Eye Steaks with Yuca Chips and Habanero Sauce Recipe
|For the steaks|
|Rib eye steak||40 Ounce (4 In Number Of 10 Ounce Each)|
|Light olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Jamaican jerk seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the habanero sauce|
|Carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Orange habanero chili||2 , seeded and minced|
|Seeded sliced habanero chile||2 (Orange Colored)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unseasoned rice vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For yuca chips|
|Vegetable oil/Light peanut oil||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Lime||1 , cut into wedges|
Calories 2737 Calories from Fat 2190
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 248 g381.4%
Saturated Fat 37.2 g186.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 100 mg
Sodium 856.6 mg35.7%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.4%
Sugars 29.4 g
Protein 57 g113.8%
Vitamin A 117% Vitamin C 45.8%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 16.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Rub the steaks with oil and jerk spice mix. Add in a little salt if needed. Cover the steaks and let it rest at room temperature for about 1 hour.
2) In a saucepan, add carrot, orange habanero chiles, sugar, rice vinegar, salt and 1 cup water. Bring the liquid to boil over medium-high for about 15 minutes until the liquid has reduced by half.
3) Transfer the contents of the saucepan into a blender and puree till smooth. Keep aside to cool.
4) Peel the yuca potatoes and slice it very thin using a mandolin.
5) In a heavy skillet, heat oil to 375 degrees and deep fry the yuca potato slices in batches for about 20 to 30 seconds, until golden brown and crispy. Drain off the excess oil and sprinkle them with salt and pepper when hot. Squeeze lime juice over them. Keep the yuca chips warm in a low oven.
6) In a preheated grill, cook the marinated steak for 4 to 5 minutes for medium-rare and about 6 to 7 minutes for medium.
7) Place the steak on the centre of the plate. Pour the Habanero sauce over it and serve the yuca chips on the side.