- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jerk Chicken Recipe
|Chickens||6 Pound, quartered, trimmed of wing tips (2 Chickens, 2 1/2 To 3 Pounds Each)|
|Jamaican jerk sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 812 Calories from Fat 523
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g88.1%
Saturated Fat 14.7 g73.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 255.1 mg
Sodium 700.4 mg29.2%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 63 g126.6%
Vitamin A 9.5% Vitamin C 22.5%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 17%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F before baking.
2) Wash chicken, discarding any excess fat and then dry gently.
3) Apply jerk sauce all over the pieces, using rubber gloves to protect your skin from the hot chili.
4) Keep the pieces covered in refrigerator for a whole night to allow marination.
5) In a roasting pan, arrange the marinated chicken in a single layer and bake for 45 minutes in preheated oven, tossing and basting the chicken pieces occasionally.
6) Grill the chicken, over medium-hot coals, for 15 to 20 minutes, turning the pieces 4 or 5 times and basting with any remaining marinade, until they become golden brown in color and are cooked well.
7) Serve hot at once.