- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet and Spicy Salad Recipe Video
|Romaine lettuce||1 Medium, cleaned, rinsed and drained (1 head)|
|Red onion||1⁄4 Medium, chopped|
|Sunflower seed||2 Tablespoon, out of the shell|
|Golden raisins||2 Tablespoon|
|Cajun mix||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pears||1⁄2 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Poppy seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 291 Calories from Fat 110
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.1%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.2 mg
Sodium 282.2 mg11.8%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.5 g37.9%
Sugars 20.3 g
Protein 8 g16.4%
Vitamin A 137.7% Vitamin C 42.6%
Calcium 36.3% Iron 16.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1.Tear the lettuce and place it in a large serving bowl.
2. Using a sharp knife, chop the red onions.
3. Peel, core and slice the pears.
4. Add the red onions, pears, sunflower seeds, yellow raisins, golden raisins, cajun mix, parmesan cheese, into the bowl with lettuce.
5. Toss all the ingredients to combine well.
6. Pour poppy seeds dressing and toss the salad.
7. Taste and adjust season to taste.
8.Serve the salad immediately as desired.