- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jelly Roll Recipe
|Sifted cake flour||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cold water||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Tart jelly/Jam||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1705 Calories from Fat 141
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.1%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g23.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 634.4 mg
Sodium 1159.5 mg48.3%
Total Carbohydrates 377 g125.7%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 267.5 g
Protein 26 g52.3%
Vitamin A 14.9% Vitamin C 20.3%
Calcium 48.2% Iron 54.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Beat the egg yolks until light; gradually add the sugar, beating thoroughly; beat in the water, lemon peel and juice.
4. Beat the egg whites stiff; fold half into the yolk mixture. Gradually fold in the dry ingredients, sifting about 3 tablespoons at a time; fold in the remaining egg whites. Pour into the pan.
5. Bake about 20 minutes. Quickly invert the cake onto the towel; cut off the crisp edges and remove the paper.
6. Spread the cake with jelly or jam, beaten with a fork to spread easily. Roll the cake lengthwise into a roll; wrap in the towel and let stand on a cake rack till thoroughly cooled. Unwrap, slice and serve.