- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jelly Roll Recipe
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Cake flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lemon extract||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 323 Calories from Fat 44
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.4%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 185.1 mg
Sodium 303.8 mg12.7%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 33.7 g
Protein 8 g15.1%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 16.9% Iron 3.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a bowl, beat in egg yolks until thick by adding sugar.
3) Combine the flavoring and water.
4) Pour the water into beaten egg yolks.
5) Sift together dry ingredients and fold into the liquid mixture.
6) Use shallow 9 x 14 inch pan to line with waxed paper to spread the batter evenly.
7) Place the pan inside the oven to bake for about 20 minutes.
8) In a damp towel, sprinkle sugar.
9) Turn the cake over the towel, roll up and leave until it cools.
10) Unroll the cake to spread with lemon butter or raspberry jam and roll up again.
11) Serve the jelly roll by spreading fruity sauce on top, if desired.