- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jellied Grapefruit Recipe
|Grape fruit||2 Large, halved (Pink Variety)|
|Unsweetened pineapple juice||300 Milliliter (Around 0.5 Pint)|
|Grapefruit juice||150 Milliliter (Around 0.25 Pint Unsweetened Variety)|
|Mint sprig||1 (To Decorate)|
Calories 107 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.27 g0.41%
Saturated Fat 0.03 g0.17%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 9.4 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 10.9 g
Protein 4 g8.8%
Vitamin A 7.5% Vitamin C 160.8%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Stand the 4 shells upright on a tray or dish and divide the segments among them.
3. Combine the pineapple and grapefruit juices. Put 2 tablespoons of the mixed juices into a small bowl with the gelatine; stand in a pan of hot water and stir until the gelatine has dissolved.
4. Mix the dissolved gelatine with the remaining fruit juices; pour carefully into each grapefruit shell. Chill until set.
5. Using a very sharp knife, carefully cut each jellied grapefruit half into 3 segments.
6. Arrange 3 segments on each of 4 plates and decorate with fresh mint.