- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jellied Tropicana Recipe
|Orange gelatin dessert||200 Gram (1 Package)|
|Orange grapefruit juice||1 Cup (16 tbs), heated|
|Canned pineapple||4 Ounce, crushed (1 Can)|
|Shredded coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Calories 191 Calories from Fat 118
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g22.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 92.8 mg3.9%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 11.8 g
Protein 5 g9.2%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 0.55%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 1.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, pour in hot juice to dissolve orange gelatin. Allow chilling inside refrigerator until thick and syrupy.
2) Drain the pineapple and reserve the juice.
3) Combine orange mixture and 1 cup of pineapple juice.
4) Use a lightly oiled mold, to pour in ½ of the mixture.
5) Place inside refrigerator to chill until partly congealed.
6) Fold in coconut and nuts into the mixture.
7) Beat the gelatin mixture with a rotary egg beater until frothy.
8) Fold in crushed pineapple and pour over stiffened gelatin in the mold.
9) Return back to refrigerator to chill until firm.
10) Before serving, garnish with pineapple and cut marsh-mallows.