- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jellied Sherry Consomme Recipe
|Beef||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Beef consomme||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Plain gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Catelli stars||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cooked according to package directions and drained|
Calories 285 Calories from Fat 151
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.7%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 86.8 mg
Sodium 97 mg4%
Total Carbohydrates 1 g0.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.32 g1.3%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 31 g62%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 8.8%
Calcium 1.1% Iron 15.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pan, heat consommé and stir in gelatine and sherry to dissolve.
2) Take an 8" x 8" pyrex pan; rinse it with cold water and pour half of mixture into it.
3) Chill the mixture in refrigerator until partially set.
4) Set aside the remaining gelatine mixture at room temperature.
5) On partially set mixture, arrange stars and top them with remaining gelatine mixture carefully.
6) Again chill it until firm.
7) Serve the jelly in squares, decorating it with a wedge of lemon.