- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jellied Meat Loaf Recipe
|Pork and veal||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon|
|Broth||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Sweet green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Egg||1 , hard cooked|
Calories 361 Calories from Fat 251
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.5%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g36.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 115.7 mg
Sodium 1627.6 mg67.8%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.5%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 18 g36%
Vitamin A 11.4% Vitamin C 32.2%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 6.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Dice the veal and pork properly and keep aside.
2) In a small saucepan, mix together the gelatin and sugar and add 1 cup of broth. Stir well. Heat the mixture, constantly stirring, till the gelatin dissolves completely. Take the pan off the heat and stir into the remaining broth in a medium-sized bowl. Stir well and set aside.
3) Into a 1-cup measure, measure ½ cup of the gelatin mixture and add the mayonnaise or salad dressing and mustard. Beat well and pour the mixture into a 9x5x3 loaf pan.
4) Into the remaining gelatin mixture in the bowl, stir the lemon juice and chill for about 50 minutes or till the mixture is as thick is an unbeaten egg white. Chill layer in the pan for about 20 minutes or till it is sticky-firm.
5) Into the thickened gelatin mixture in the bowl, fold the meats, green pepper and celery. Cut the hard-cooked egg into slices lengthwise and carefully stand it around the loaf pan’s edges. Into the center, spoon the meat mixture very carefully. Chill till the preparation is firm.
6) Before serving, run a thin blade knife with a sharp tip around the loaf’s top and then dip the pan in and out of a pan of hot water very quickly. With a serving plate, cover the loaf and turn it upside down. Lift off the pan very gently.
7) Serve as preferred.
8) The top of the loaf can be garnished with stuffed green and ripe olive slices if preferred.