- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jellied Lime and Cheese Salad Recipe
|Lime-flavored gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Box)|
|Canned pineapple chunks||20 1⁄2 Ounce (2 1/2 Cups, 1 Can, 1 Pound 4 1/2 Ounce)|
|Whole blanched almonds||12|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Cream-style cottage cheese||1 Pound (2 Cups)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Light cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped blanched almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 492 Calories from Fat 234
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.6%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.6%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 40.3 mg
Sodium 834.5 mg34.8%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.8%
Sugars 20.4 g
Protein 40 g80.6%
Vitamin A 9.5% Vitamin C 3.1%
Calcium 17.1% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small bowl take 1 cup hot water and dissolve lime gelatin in it.
2) Add 1/2 cup pineapple syrup and 1/2 cup cold water. Mix thoroughly
3) Place in freezer to set.
4) Place 12 almonds at the base of deep 1 1/2 -quart mold.
5) Gently pour the thick gelatin mixture.
6) Chill overnight.
7) Cut pineapple into cubes to make 1 cup.
8) In a bowl take 1/4 cup cold water and add unflavored gelatin in it. Keep aside for 5 minutes.
9) Liquefy over hot water.
10) Mix cheese with pineapple and the remaining ingredients.
11) Gently spoon on the stiff gelatin in mold.
12) Place in freezer to chill.
13) Before serving unmold on plate. Decorate with watercress. Serve with mayonnaise seasoned with curry powder.