- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jellied Cottage Cheese Salad Recipe
|Mashed cottage cheese||250 Gram (2 cups)|
|Thick cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lettuce||1 , shredded|
|Finely chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Cucumber||1 Small, sliced|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Grated lemon rind/Orange rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Orange jelly/Lemon jelly||3 Ounce (1 packet)|
|Pineapple slices||3⁄4 Can (7.5 oz) (1 small can)|
|French dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1620 Calories from Fat 1181
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 134 g205.5%
Saturated Fat 39.7 g198.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 210.8 mg
Sodium 4537 mg189%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.6%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.3%
Sugars 60.2 g
Protein 38 g75.6%
Vitamin A 596.4% Vitamin C 233%
Calcium 48.4% Iron 34.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Dissolve jelly in 2 cups of hot water, cool a little and stir with the cheese mixture. Add the grated lemon or orange rind.
3. Whip cream and fold into the jelly mixture
4. Pour the mixture in a tray of 9" x 4" x 1" and chill overnight. This should not be frozen.
5. Place shredded lettuce in a salad tray place cucumber slices around the edge.
6. Cut the chilled mixture into 2" x 2" pieces and arrange on bed of lettuce and cucumber carefully.
7. Drain the pineapple slices and chop them finely and sprinkle over the cut jellied salad.
8. Serve dressing separately.