- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jellied Consomme Recipe
|Beef broth||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Instant beef bouillon granules||2 Tablespoon, dissolved in 4 cups hot water|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped for 1/4 cup|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Medium, chopped for 1/4 cup|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄4 Ounce (1 envelope)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (optional)|
Calories 167 Calories from Fat 98
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.7%
Saturated Fat 7.1 g35.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.7 mg
Sodium 2659.7 mg110.8%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.97 g3.9%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 6 g12.3%
Vitamin A 7.7% Vitamin C 37.5%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 5.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In small bowl combine sherry and water; sprinkle gelatin over liquid and let stand to soften gelatin.
2. In a saucepan mix together and boil beef broth, onion, green pepper, parsley, and Worcestershire sauce.
3. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for about 15 minutes to reduce the liquid slightly to make about 3 to 3 1/2 cups.
4. Strain the mixture and discard the vegetables.
5. Return the strained broth to saucepan.
6. Stir in the gelatin mixture into the broth; heat and stir till gelatin dissolves well.
7. Pour into a large bowl and chill before serving.
8. Whip cream and curry powder just to stiff peaks.
9. Break up consommÃ© with a fork and spoon into serving dishes.
10. Top each serving with a dollop of the whipped cream.