- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jellied Chicken Loaf Recipe
|Broiler fryer chicken||1|
|Celery leaves||4 (Few Leaves)|
|Onion||1 Small, sliced|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Chicken)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Dissolving Gelatin)|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Finely diced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped walnuts||2 Tablespoon|
|Lettuce leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced tomatoes||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4001 Calories from Fat 2600
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 290 g445.7%
Saturated Fat 70.7 g353.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1164.2 mg
Sodium 5978.2 mg249.1%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.4%
Dietary Fiber 10.4 g41.5%
Sugars 14.2 g
Protein 301 g603%
Vitamin A 108.6% Vitamin C 100.5%
Calcium 32.8% Iron 91.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Remove chicken from the broth; cool while fixing gelatin mixture. Strain broth into a 2-cup measure; add water, if needed, to make 2 cups; return to same saucepan.
3. Soften gelatin in the 1/4 cup cold water in a 1-cup measure; stir into the broth. Heat, stirring constantly, just until gelatin dissolves; stir in mayonnaise or salad dressing and soy sauce.
4. Pour into a 6-cup bowl or mold; chill until as thick as unbeaten egg white.
5. While gelatin mixture chills, remove chicken from the bones; chop meat very fine. (You should have about 2 1/4 cups.) Stir into chilled gelatin mixture with the celery and walnuts. Chill for several hours, or until firm.
6. Just before serving, run a sharp-tip, thin-blade knife around top of bowl or mold, then dip bowl very quickly in and out of a pan of hot water. Invert onto serving plate; carefully lift off bowl or mold. Garnish with crisp lettuce and sliced tomatoes; serve with crusty French bread or with toasted hard rolls, if you wish.