- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jeera or Khari Biscuits (Salty Puffs) Recipe Video
|Frozen puff pastry||1 Medium (Thawed well)|
|Caraway seeds/Carom seeds||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (Cumin seeds may also be used)|
Calories 115 Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.1%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 50.9 mg2.1%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.54 g2.2%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 2 g3.2%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.22%
Calcium 0.6% Iron 3.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Baking tray
2. Roller pin
3. Pizza cutter
1. Take a frozen puff pastry sheet and thaw it well.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
3. Lay the pastry dough on the back of a baking tray. Sprinkle caraway seeds on the surface.
3. Using a roller pin, roll lightly over it so that caraway seeds sets into the pasty dough.
4. Place the dough on the baking tray, cut into strips (about 2-inch long) and arrange them on the baking tray.
5. Bake at 400 F for about 8 minutes. And once the biscuits haven risen, take them out of the oven, flip sides.
6. Lower the temperature of the oven to the lowest, put the baking tray back into the oven and let it bake for another 3 to 5 minutes until evenly cooked and done.
7. Let the biscuits cool completely. Then store them in air tight containers.
8. Serve as a snack with tea.